A cradle to local population, the Sant’Anna Clinic was founded in Lugano by the sisters of the
« Gemeinschaft der St. Anna Schwestern » of Lucerne in 1922. Located in Sorengo since 1934, it is the largest maternity hospital in Ticino and one of the largest private maternity clinics in Switzerland with approximately 900 births every year and a neonatal unit for the intensive care of premature babies.
With 80 beds, it occupies a key position in the region’s public healthcare, particularly in the fields of women’s health, senology, oncology, internal medicine and, with its 5 operating theatres, specialist surgery. Since May 2011, the Sant’Anna Clinic has also run the first Centre of Preventive Medicine in Ticino for private individuals and businesses offering healthcare to their employees.
Expansion and modernisation works are in progress and should be completed by summer 2012 with the opening of 10 new private rooms, which will be equipped with very high quality hospital facilities and an outpatient clinic for medical care, oncology and surgery.
- Gynaecology and obstetrics
- Internal medicine
- Preventive medicine
- Hand surgery
- Visceral surgery and proctology
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- ENT surgery
- Sports traumatology